Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Crab Ceviche

Since I was small, I've always loved when my mom make ceviche. It was the best snack and honestly, if you make enough, you can have for dinner or whenever. I've been told that real ceviche uses fish, but I like the way my mom makes it, so I'm going to use her recipe. Sadly, I forgot to take pictures while making this, but honestly its very easy and requires no cooking. It does take a little time since your shredding and cutting all the ingredients yourself. This makes a nice summer treat or meal. Let's get started!

What you need:

-Imitation crab meat
-tomatoes
-purple onions
-bottles lemon (or lime) juice
-salt
-cilantro
-container to put it in
- fried flat corn tortillas (the kind used for tostadas) or even corn tortilla chips

Once you have your container and you've washed all your vegetables, start shredding the crab meat into the container. Cut up the tomatoes, cilantro, and onions and put them into into the container. Once you have your container filled up to your desired level, sprinkle a little salt in and mix everything up. I do this buy putting on the lid to the container, holding on tight and shaking it round. Now take the lid off and poor in the lemon (or lime) juice up to more than half way. Use a spoon and mix everything again. Put the lid back on and let chill in the refrigerator until your ready to eat.

This image doesn't look so tasty, but trust me, its so delicious!

This is the brand i use to eat with ceviche. Or, you can just eat it by itself with a spoon.

You can can use a spoon to put the ceviche on the corn tortilla or you can break them up and use them to scoop it up.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment