Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Potato Stir Fry

So for dinner I decided to have something with an Asian flair. I had some frozen potatoes I got from the 99cent store and some vegetables so I decided to make potato stir fry! It's very easy to make and takes about 10-15 min to cook. Let's get started!

Here is what you need to get started:

-Frozen potatoes (or you can chop up some potatoes if you want)
-Asparagus (I used 3)
-Cilantro (I used 3)
-Slice on onion (I used a purple onion)
-I used Canola Oil, but you can also use cooking spray
-Soy Sauce
-Salt
-Ketchup (optional)

Honestly, just use whatever vegetables you have at hand. These were the ones I had so that's why I'm using them.

After you wash your vegetables off, please make sure to dry them off well. If not, when you start cooking the oil and vegetables will be jumping all over the place!

Start to cut up all your veggies into bite sized pieces.

Go ahead and grease your pan with the oil of cooking spray. Put the heat on a low medium. Then put the asparagus in. If you are using any hard veggies, its good to cook them first sine they take the longest to soften up. Make sure to stir and roll them over occasionally.

After the asparagus has started to soften up, put in the potatoes. Cook until soft. Stir occasionally.

Now I add in the purple onions and cilantro. When the onions get a little soft, I sprinkle in a pinch of salt and soy sauce (to taste). Cook for a few minutes and serve.

Here's mine with a ketchup happy face! I also ate a few slices of block cheese on the side to balance out some of the saltiness. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment